2005-02-16 - 4:21 p.m.

Cough-cough-hack-hack-wheeze. . .

I'm sick. I have an aweful cough and am taking steroids to get rid of it. Yuck! But at least Nate is feeling well. He was sick pretty much for the entire month of January which included fever, running nose, and diareaha. The fever was the worst because he would just cry when it spiked and he would only calm down after the fever came down. I can't wait until he can talk so he can tell us where he is hurting (and probably then we will be wishing for the days when all he could do is babble).

So much has happened and is happening right now. Lets see if I can give you a synopsis:

Valentine's Day was wonderful. Dan had the most gorgeous flowers delivered to work with the sweetest card in the morning. He made me lasagna from scratch. Too bad I was coughing so much I couldn't enjoy it that much!

Last Sunday we went to see the DSO perform Gershwen and various Valentine's love songs. Went with our sister-in-law Becky and her husband Tim. Afterwards we went to Nikki's in Greek Town for fabulous flaming cheese and pizza. Wonderful evening. I think that is the first time I have ever spent time with them without a dozen or so kids running around.

Saturday we had a surprise Retirement party for my Dad at Dave and Phyllis'. We gave gifts, ate steak, and had fun running around after Nate. I am so very lucky to have a good relationship with my brother after years of strain. Since he has found Phyllis and gotten married he is a very different person and I am so glad that he has cleaned himself up so that we can be a family again.

Last Tuesday was Mardi Gras and we celebrated in class by the kids making cool jester hats. They really enjoyed the experience by I got burned bad by one of the hot glue guns (after I lectured the KIDS to be careful) and got a whopping blister. Ohh well, c'est la vie!

We took Nate to the DIA for the first time at the end of January. It was so cool. We then went to Mexican Village for dinner. He is such a good baby. I love him so much. He plays NON-STOP from the minute he gets up to when he falls asleep. He can walk all the way accross the living room now and loves eating "big boy" food like meat loaf and lasagna.

Hack-Cough-Wheeze. . .

As I was saying, This is a big weekend. Friday I get my "yearly" {{fun!}} and then I am doing a new thing called MealThymeOnLine. Will tell you how it goes. Saturday is a sweat over George and Sandy's and Sunday is Cole and Devon's combined birthday parties. Phew.

Well, I hear my baby giggling through the wall so that means he must be awake. Promise to update more often.